EXPAT EXPLORATION & INVESTMENT TOUR
OCTOBER 1 - 8th, 2022 - SOLD OUT
NOVEMBER 4th - 11th, 2023
- Uruguay is a safe and stable country; they have a pro-business right-wing government, and are friendly to foreign investment
- No vaccine mandates to enter the country
- Privacy and the rule of law are respected
- Favourable tax laws, including a 10-year tax holiday for foreigners
- Food-independent nation. The population is 3.5 million people, and they produce enough food to feed over 40 million people
- Uruguay is the wealthiest country in South America by GDP per capita
- Opportunities in the agricultural sector, including cattle, row crops, and timber plantations used for pulp for paper
- European culture and population. Most Uruguayan citizens have dual nationality with Italy or Spain
- Spanish is the official language, but English is widely spoken
AT A GLANCE
8 Amazing days of travelling, sightseeing, and investment tours, starting in Panama City, with time in Montevideo and seven days in Punta del Este, Uruguay.
- The tour starts in Panama City, where we will have a nice dinner and get to know each other
- Leave for Uruguay on day 2. We will all fly together and enjoy access to the airport lounge at Tocumen Airport in Panama City
- The flight is 7 hours from Panama to Montevideo, Uruguay
- Real estate tour
- 25 people max on this trip
- 8-day trip plus optional add-on days
- Invitation only for clients of Mikkel Thorup
- Amazing finale night with an Uruguayan BBQ and live music
- Optional extra days after the conference has ended
- All presentations at the conference - 4 days, including coffee, tea & water
- Visit to Bodega Garzón Winery, the best wineries in Uruguay.
- Day 1 - Dinner and drinks in Panama City, Panama, at one of my favourite restaurants.
- Day 2 - Flight to Uruguay and transportation from Montevideo airport to the hotel.
- Day 3 - Transportation in a luxury bus from the airport hotel in Montevideo to our hotel in Punta del Este. Welcome sunset cocktail party poolside, where we will do an orientation of the trip.
- Day 4 - Introduction to Uruguay presentations and residential real estate tour in the afternoon.
- Day 5 - Presentation on banking, taxes, and farmland, with lots of time for Q&A. Farmland tour in the afternoon with a local expert.
- Day 6 - Presentation on the business climate of Uruguay. Visit MACA - Museo de Arte Contemporáneo Atchugarry in the afternoon. Private party and dinner with an Uruguayan BBQ
- Day 7 - One-on-one meetings at our partner's Law Firm for consultations. Visit to the Bodega Garzón Winery, where we will have lunch and a private tour of the winery and vineyard
- Day 8 - Time to leave Uruguay! We will have a bus that will leave Punta del Este for the airport in the morning.
- All accommodations from November 4 to 11th, 2023
- Breakfast is included each morning at the hotel
- Dinner and drinks in Panama City on arrival on the first day to get to know one another
- Transportation from Montevideo Airport to the hotel in Montevideo
- Transportation from Montevideo to Punta del Este, where the conference will be
- Welcome sunset cocktail party poolside at our hotel
- All presentations at the hotel - 4 days, including coffee, tea & water
- Shuttle bus from hotel in Punta del Este to Winery with amazing lunch and wines and return to the hotel
- All conference tours outside of the hotel, including real estate in Punta del Este and farmland
- Farewell closing dinner with an Uruguayan BBQ and live music
- Shuttle bus to return to Montevideo airport
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Any lunches or dinners not included in above
- Snacks, water or souvenirs
- Travel Insurance
- All activities not listed above
- Any flights to Panama or to Uruguay
- Transportation to and from Tocumen airport on Day 1 and Day 2
- Rental car, which we would advise
WHAT OUR ATTENDEES HAVE TO SAY
"So many beautiful places here, like this farm, it's a really incredible place"
Chris, Ottawa, Canada
"I felt as safe here as I would feel in Canada"
Peter & Sequoia, Waterloo, Canada
"I’m a country girl at heart, so this tour really spoke to me, it was beautiful"
Jeff & Colette, Colorado, USA
"This was our first time coming, and I knew right away that it was an opportunity of a lifetime"
Keith & Yvette, Arizona, USA.
"Go, just go, I highly recommend the trip. It brings all the pieces together"
Bill & Leila, Michigan, USA
- The accommodations, activities, and other inclusions and/or their order may change and/or be cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control and/or for any other reason we deem necessary. If this occurs, we will try our best to arrange similar accommodations, activities, and other inclusions.
- It is your responsibility to purchase flight tickets with the optionality of refunding in full, in case, for any reason, you are not able to attend the trip or the trip is cancelled. Expat Money will not be held liable for any lost money from airlines.
- Flights should arrive in Panama, Panama no later than 4:00 pm on Day 1.
ALL PAYMENTS, INCLUDING DEPOSITS, ARE COMPLETELY NONREFUNDABLE
LEARN MORE ABOUT URUGUAY
WHY URUGUAY RESIDENCY IS SO APPEALING
Uruguay is the second smallest nation by land mass, just behind Suriname and is situated on the southeastern coast of South America, with a humid subtropical climate. While there are four distinct seasons, the overall ranges in temperature are fairly tame...